February 4th, 1915
The Nelson Brothers buy the City Meat Market from Joe Cobain and open a restaurant/bakery named the Nelson Brothers’ Café.
February 25th, 1915
A fire is discovered in the basement of the café and extinguished quickly. No great danger was done to the property.
February 27th, 1915
The Nelson Brothers’ Café has grand opening
July 7th, 1919
The Nelson Brothers sell the café to W. A. Magee, who renames it to the Ideal Café and operates it for four years.
May 24th, 1923
Walter Sutherland purchases the café from Mr. Magee and names it to the Sutherland Café.
August 16th, 1928
Dan O’Brien buys the Sutherland Café, returning the name Ideal Café to the restaurant.
September 15th, 1932
O’Brien remodels the café by redoing the wallpaper and floor tiles and adding cretonne padding to the chairs.
August 16th, 1934
Toilets are installed in Ideal Café to keep in accordance of the state’s Tavern Laws.
September 9th, 1946
Café reopens after month-long remodeling in which the café was greatly modernized with booths and fluorescent lighting, along with a new back bar and larger counter.
September 29th, 1960
Dan O’Brien sells the Ideal Café to Earl Hanson after thirty-two years of operation. Hanson renames the café to the Hanson Café.
July 7th, 1966
A fire starts in the kitchen during the lunch rush. $3,000 ($22,000 today) of damages to property including burned walls and destroyed equipment. Quick actions of shaft and patronage prevented the fire from spreading to other businesses on Main Street.
Hanson’s Café sold and becomes the Harp’s Café.
April 1st, 1983
Harp’s Café is sold to June Joy and renamed Joy’s Café.
January 29th, 1987
Tom Jenkins and David Hudack buy Joy’s Café, renaming it the South Fork Café.
Dawn Morrow purchases South Fork Café from brother David Hudack.